Best General Medicine in Miyapur
General medicine, by definition, deals with non-surgical treatment of diseases by diagnosis. Our healthcare professionals are well-versed with the study of medicine to impart proper treatment pertaining to health issues and medication. Our healthcare department provides proper guidance along with precautionary steps to undertake in their specific condition, across all age groups, and at any stage.
While diagnosing severe diseases as well, our specialized department provides best-in-class treatment, and surgery, if required, with attention to all the details that are required in critical care – for both emergencies as well as non-emergencies.
The 7-Step Process at Galen
- All national and international guidelines are followed by our doctors across any and all treatments.
- Evidence based medicine practiced stringently.
- Thorough checkup, analyzing condition and subsequent medication followed by our doctors for treatment of their patients.
- Our doctors are in lockstep with the latest in their areas of specialization.
- Regular participation of our doctors in various conferences and seminars for enhancing and gaining deeper knowledge in their respective fields.
- All conditions are treated with the same commitment and dedication.
- Personalized attention to every patient is the foundation at Galen.
Broad spectrum of conditions treated by our dedicated team of physicians and practitioners:
Our doctors are passionate and committed to treating all four types of major illnesses including the following:
- Physiological diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Deficiency Diseases
- Genetic diseases (Both hereditary and non-hereditary diseases)
Some conditions treated by our doctors are:
General Medical problems including Hypertension – For hypertension or high blood pressure, our doctors advise us to make healthier lifestyle choices. We also look out for underlying causes of diabetes and obesity that usually trigger hypertension. Some common symptoms to watch out for are shared by our doctors here, including blurry vision, fatigue, heart palpitations, shortness of breath and nausea. Other symptoms may be fainting, headache, nosebleeds, chest pain and vomiting. Our doctors advise a treatment that envelops not just medication but also regular physical exercise, wholesome and nutritious diet, and stress reduction.
Diabetes Complications (Type-1/Type-2 DM/Gestational Diabetes) – A metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar, diabetes may damage the nerves, eyes, kidneys and other organs. There are different types of diabetes, namely,
– Type 1 Diabetes – This is an autoimmune disease where cells in the pancreas are attacked and destroyed.
– Type 2 Diabetes – The build up of sugar in the body, when the body becomes resistant to insulin, is classified as type 2 diabetes.
– Prediabetes – When the blood sugar is higher than normal but not high enough for the above two types, it comes under prediabetes.
Gestational Diabetes – Some women may experience high blood sugar levels during pregnancy. This is chiefly due to insulin-blocking hormones produced by the placenta, thus causing gestational diabetes.
Our doctors treat diabetes based on the symptoms which may include increase in hunger and thirst, weight loss, urination, fatigue, blurry vision, and sores that take very long to heal. Additionally, diabetic men may experience decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction and poor muscle strength whereas women may have other symptoms such as urinary tract infections, yeast infections and itchy or dry skin.
Thyroid Disorders (Hypothyroidism/Hyperthyroidism) – When the thyroid is not able to make hormones for normal functioning of the body, it is termed as a thyroid disorder. Our doctors have the expertise to distinguish between the two types of thyroid disorders, namely hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid wherein the thyroid gland does not produce enough crucial hormones; and hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid where there is overproduction of the hormone thyroxine. Hyperthyroidism may cause the body’s metabolism to be accelerated which leads to weight loss and irregular heartbeat. Our doctors realize that untreated hypothyroidism may lead to obesity, joint pains, infertility and heart diseases. Our well-trained doctors provide personalized treatment for the treatment of thyroid disorders.
Obesity – Obesity is not merely a cosmetic issue. It is a complex disease. It may cause health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and even cancer. The causes of obesity may vary from genetic, physiological and environmental factors apart from lifestyle choices. Our doctors sensitively treat obesity with prescription medication, behavior changes and healthier diet.
- Day to Day Infections.
- Neurological Emergencies (Stroke, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s diseases etc.)
- Geriatric Care – Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s and even depression and anxiety are treated with utmost care by our doctors.
- All Lung Diseases including Lung Infections, Asthma, Allergies, TB, Pleural effusions and sleep disorders.
- Chest Infections.
- Preventive Health counseling.
- Health Check-up.
- Smoking cessation Counseling.